KARATU Local seed and Food Fair
25-27 November 2021
Karatu, Tanzania[edit | edit source]
Karatu local seed and Food Fair 2021 showcased local seeds and food recipes made from locally grown crops and explored the potential that these crops have for consumers. The event took place at the Mazingira Bora ground in Karatu town and was Co-organized and supported by IDP/Iles de Paix, World Vegetable Center, MVIWAARUSHA, RECODA Farm Radio, ECHO and TARI.
The objectives of the Fair were to:
- Create community understanding on farmers’ managed seed system, agroecological crop production, and sustainable food systems;
- Share local and indigenous knowledge and skills on seed issues and local food.
- Stimulate small-scale farmers to access, share and save the local seed varieties.
- Raise awareness about local foods, recipe preparations, and utilizations.
- The Fair serves as an Initiative for the Promotion of Traditional Food Products and local seeds.
READ A DETAILED REPORT FOR THE EVENT PREPARED BY WORLD VEG CENTER >>>DOWNLOAD